Understanding Appropriate Assessment and the Habitats Directive
Architects, consulting, civil engineers.
To help this group to advise clients and plan projects in compliance with the Habitats Directive and subsequent case law.
Marie Louise Heffernan CEnv, MCIEEM MSc has 25 years’ experience working on the Habitats Directive through her company Aster Environmental Consultants. She has trained over 500 professionals to date in this area.
Online live on Zoom
The course will teach participants to
- Understand Natura 2000 network designations, the rationale and site selection process.
- Appreciate the Legal aspects of the Habitats Directive – planning and case law
- Use the associated terminology proficiently and correctly
- Identify projects requiring screening for Appropriate Assessment versus Natura Impact statement.
- Advise clients in respect of Natura 2000 through use of sample case studies
Slides as shown during course and simple guide for future reference
Min-max numbers required
2 half days each 3 hours in duration
See above for upcoming dates. Times: 10am-1pm each day
Available on demand Y/N
Yes on request
15% discount for 2 or 3 booked together
25% discount for 4+ together
Payments can be made by credit card, PayPal, cheque or PO (purchase order). Options available on the checkout page. Send cheques or POs to Aster Environmental Consultants, Letterfrack, Co. Galway. Once payment has been received your registration will be confirmed.