Understanding Appropriate Assessment and the Habitats Directive
Architects, consulting, civil engineers.
To help this group to advise clients and plan projects in compliance with the Habitats Directive and subsequent case law.
Marie Louise Heffernan CEnv, MCIEEM MSc has 25 years’ experience working on the Habitats Directive through her company Aster Environmental Consultants. She has trained over 500 professionals to date in this area.
Online live on Zoom. Details will be sent prior to the course.
The course will teach participants to
- Understand Natura 2000 network designations, the rationale and site selection process.
- Appreciate the Legal aspects of the Habitats Directive – planning and case law
- Use the associated terminology proficiently and correctly
- Identify projects requiring screening for Appropriate Assessment versus Natura Impact statement.
- Advise clients in respect of Natura 2000 through use of sample case studies
Note: On demand courses – learning objectives to be agreed.
Slides as shown during course and simple guide for future reference
Min-max numbers required
Full day course.
See above for upcoming dates. Times TBC.
15% discount for 2 or 3 booked together
25% discount for 4+ together
Available on demand Y/N
Yes on request
On demand 1 on 1 courses
Duration 3 hours
Learning objectives and times to be agreed
Payments can be made by credit card, PayPal, cheque or PO (purchase order). Options available on the checkout page. Send cheques or POs to Aster Environmental Consultants, Letterfrack, Co. Galway. Once payment has been received your registration will be confirmed.
There are no reviews yet.