Preparing Natura Impact Statements (and AA Screenings)
To help this group to advise clients and plan projects in compliance with the Habitats Directive and subsequent case law.
Marie Louise Heffernan CEnv, MCIEEM MSc has 25 years’ experience working on the Habitats Directive through her company Aster Environmental Consultants. She has trained over 500 professionals to date in this area.
Online, pre-recorded or in person
Online live on Zoom
The course will teach participants to
1. Understand the background to Natura 2000 network designations, the rationale and site selection process.
2. Apply the Legal aspects of the Habitats Directive – planning and case law to their assessments
3. Use the associated HD terminology proficiently and correctly
4. Use the Conservation Objectives as the benchmark and effective tool for their assessments
5. Carry out a basic AA Screening/NIS
Slides as shown during course and simple guide for future reference
Min-max numbers required
2 half days, each 3 hours in duration
See above for upcoming dates. Times: 10am-1pm each day
Available on demand Y/N
Yes on request
15% discount for 2 or 3 booked together
25% discount for 4+ together
20% discount for Unemployed or Students. Please contact us for a coupon code prior to booking online.
Payments can be made by credit card, PayPal, cheque or PO (purchase order). Options available on the checkout page. Send cheques or POs to Aster Environmental Consultants, Letterfrack, Co. Galway. Once payment has been received your registration will be confirmed.